Jun 27, 2013

Hannibal Series (2013)

Hannibal (TV Series) took place before Red Dragon (well, way before Hannibal captured), when Will Graham, a troubled criminal analyst and FBI consultant, seek help to psychiatrist Hannibal Lecter who happened to be a sociopath slice serial killer and together they solved some cases of deranged serial killer. As the series goes, Hannibal make Will believe there was something wrong with him as Will experienced delusions, sleep walking, and lost times.

Personally, I don't like gore, I don't like overtly blood splashing and gruesome corpse, and yay every episodes was full of it. But as a big fan of psychological plot, the series is brilliant. You can't help but sympathize to Will that started to believe he's losing his mind as he drove to the edge (especially the last scene in ep finale). And I can't help but hate Hannibal, beside his brilliance, he pulled the string in entire season, he made Will miserable, killed some people,  cooked human organs and fed it to his guests.

I remembered years ago when I watched Hannibal Lecter--related movies. The first one was Silence of the Lamb, unfortunately I hardly recalled the story. Anthony Hopkins portrayed Hannibal and he really impressed me that I started to hunt his movies that have similar psychological plot (Red Dragon, Hannibal, and Fracture).    I can't compare the actor portraying Hannibal Lecter, they're different in essence, Hannibal portrayed by Anthony Hopkins is playful but eerie. Hannibal in tv series (Mads Mikkelsen) seem elegantly eerie--we never see him in casual clothes.

My next project is Dexter, a sociopath that have his own moral code. He is a likeable Miami police forensics expert that moonlighs as a serial killer of criminals who he believes have escaped justice. But because the tv series is rather hard to get, I will read the book instead, the first book titled Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Let's hope is likable and interesting 

Out of topic, some months ago I read an exciting books about the son of serial killer that using his "hunting" knowledge from his dear old killer father to help caught the criminal. And because it is a young adult story, it lack gore (yay). It's titled "I hunt killer" by Barry Lyga.







No comments:

Post a Comment